Saturday 19 November 2011

Temporary Revised Opening Times - w/c 21/11/11

Just a quick note about next week folks - due to a family commitment I have to revise our opening times for a couple of days next week, as follows:


TUESDAY 22ND NOVEMBER: 10:30am - 5:00pm

WEDNESDAY 23RD NOVEMBER: 10:30am - 6:30pm

THURSDAY 24TH NOVEMBER: 12:00pm - 5:30pm

FRIDAY 25TH NOVEMBER: 10:00am - 5:30pm (business as usual)

SATURDAY 26TH NOVEMBER: 10:00am - 5:00pm (business as usual)


It has also come to my attention that some of you have noticed that the store is occasionally open later than advertised. Please remember that I am the sole member of staff and as such I am on occasion held up at the bank, etc. on my way to work. Despite my best efforts, such things do happen and I ask that you show some understanding on these occasions. It is frustrating for me as well.

Please also remember that I get no guaranteed annual leave, so I do on occasion become quite run down. Again, understanding on these occasions would be greatly appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. Ben, you're a great guy and running this place for us bunch of nerds must be tough! I'm very appreciative of your efforts. THANKYOU for being AWESOME!

    Have you thought about work experience volunteers to help watch the shop? Free unskilled labour to mould in your image...
    -Todd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Todd, bless you - thanks for the kind words. I have used work experience before, but so much of the job requires a person to get to know the clientele and the products that it's hard to teach in a short space of time. As you tend to only get work experience people for two weeks it's not really enough time to teach anyone to do much more than be a till jockey.

    Plus the assumption is that working in a comic shop is a good skive. Sadly, I was left to conclude after previous attempts that it simply is counter productive. I spent more time trying to think of something for the volunteer to do that I didn't get my actual work done. As a self employed retailer I am my own order clerk, account manager, administrator, receptionist, PR manager, IT support, merchandiser, cleaner (when there's time) and more besides. I have a lot to do that can;t easily be delegated.

    Despite this the common assumption is I sit on my ass eating pies and reading comics getting steadily fatter and less cultured. ;)

    Because we all know comics aren't culture right?

    ReplyDelete